Friday, July 9, 2010

Nerdy Guys

Nerdy Guys

Movie theatre.

RACHEL and DIANA gaze lovingly upon a movie poster featuring Michael Cera. KEVIN, a bespectacled young man in a Star Trek t-shirt, sits on a bench reading a book.

RACHEL
Oh

DIANE
My

RACHEL
God

DIANE
He

RACHEL
Is

DIANE
So

BOTH
Cute!

RACHEL
He’s so awkward and endearing.

DIANE
And cute and dorky!

RACHEL
I bet he’s just like his character in real life.

DIANE
Well duh! He only plays one character.

RACHEL
But it’s such a cute character.

DIANE
Oh my god I know!

RACHEL
I love nerdy boys so much.

KEVIN’S ears perk up.

DIANE
Me tooooo.

RACHEL
I mean, Taylor Lautner’s hot and all, but what if he like, read comic books and listened to indie bands and stuff.

DIANE
That would be so cute!

RACHEL
He’d be smart too!

DIANE
Dude, smart guys are hot.

RACHEL
For sure.

DIANE
I love glasses and reading and… stuff.

KEVIN examines himself. He smiles.

RACHEL
And if they were into Star Trek?

DIANE
Chris Pine is so hot!

RACHEL
I know!

DIANE
Oh my god!

RACHEL
I want an adorable nerdy boyfriend!

DIANE
Me too!

KEVIN
Excuse me ladies, I couldn’t help but notice: Your phasers are set on stunning.

Beat.

RACHEL
Get lost loser.

3 comments:

  1. Awww...pwned. I bet I'd like Kevin.

    I'm catching up, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. That is, I have some free time for a few days so I'm reading all the posts I've missed in the last two months. =D

    ReplyDelete