Saturday, April 24, 2010

School-Crossed Lovers: The rest

Thank you so much to everyone who came to Spring Show yesterday!



School-Crossed Lovers: The Rest

2. Outside dorm

CALLIE walks out on her balcony. STAN stands to the side.

CALLIE
Stan, Stan, wherefore art thou Stan? Deny thy university and forbid thy name! Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, and I'll no longer be a Cal student.

STAN
Hey!

CALLIE
What are you doing here? Berkeley is seriously far from Palo Alto, and the place death, considering who you are, if any of my kinsmen find you here.

STAN
With love's light wings did I o'er-perch these walls! And my mom let me bring my car to college.

CALLIE
You found parking?

STAN
Yeah.
O, speak again, bright angel! for thou art as glorious to this night, being o'er my head as is a winged messenger of heaven unto the white-upturned wondering eyes of mortals that fall back to gaze on him. Angel, will you swipe me Crossroads?

CALLIE
Eating dinner with a Bear won’t retroactively win you Big Game.

STAN
But maybe it will win you.

TAYLOR SWIFT’s Love Story plays.


3. Montage

LAUREN
So what’s this new girl like Stan?

STAN
She’s really great.

CALLIE
To tree? Or not to tree?

STAN
She doth teach the torches to burn bright.

CALLIE
Tree.

LIZZ AND MAYA
Oh my god, she’s in love

MAYA
Who is it?

LIZZ
Is it that newman Doug Wade?

STAN
Like a rich jewel in an Ethiope’s ear.

CALLIE
No. He’s, he’s not in band.

LIZZ AND MAYA
Not in band?!

STAN
And she has really great legs.

MAYA
You should invite him to one of the basketball games!

LAUREN
You can take her to the Cal game this weekend.

CALLIE and STAN look at each other, worried.

“Love Story” transitions into “Tonight” from Westside Story.

ANNOUNCER
Tonight, the highly anticipated basketball matchup between Cal and Stanford. This is the first time the Bears and the color have faced each other in a big name sport since the infamous play last fall. Tip-off at 7.

STAN
(On phone, sung)
The minutes seem like hours. The hours go so slowly. I know this must be right.
(Spoken)
I’m so excited to see you tonight.

CALLIE
I’m excited to see you too.
(hanging up, singing)
Tonight, tonight, I’ll see my love tonight, I hope nobody sees who we are…

4. The Game

Cal fans stand on two sides, yelling “Go Bears”. Stanford yells, “Let’s go Stanford.” A few Stanford bandsmen play something indiscernible while Cal Band plays Fight.  

STAN motions to CALLIE. She looks around, then follows.

STAN taps CALLIE’s hat.

STAN
This is adorable.

CALLIE
You’re adorable.

Some of CALLIE’S friends enter.

FRIENDS
Callie!

CALLIE
Oh no.

LIZZ
What did he do to you?

MAYA
I have a word to say to you!

STAN
And but one word? Couple it with something; make it a word and a blow.

CALLIE
Stan!

Separate Ways plays. Epic fight scene. It involves trombone slides. It’s pretty awesome.

CALLIE
STOOOOOOPPPP!!!
O serpent heart, hid with a flowering face! Dove-feather'd raven! wolvish-ravening lamb! You jerk!
I can’t do this Stan. I really can’t.

STAN
Callie—

CALLIE
I never want to see you again.

Music: Romeo and Juliet by Mancini. He watches her leave forlornly.


5. Second Montage

CALLIE leaves the game. STAN tries to follow her. She shakes him away.

STAN tries to make a call. It rings and rings. She doesn’t pick up.

CALLIE looks at her phone. She reaches for it, then walks away. 


6. BRH

CALLIE sits.

STAN enters, awkwardly wearing a Cal sweatshirt.

CALLIE
What are you doing here? I told you I—

STAN
It’s okay. 

CALLIE
What devil are you, that do torment—

STAN
I transferred.

Love Story starts.

CALLIE
Really?

STAN
Yeah.

She smiles.

Kiss!

Bows!
(Grr I wish I'd gotten a cast/pit picture too...)


And here it is in video form!

No comments:

Post a Comment